Sunday, July 20, 2008

Story of little Jayden & The GodFather




Went to Teban Gardens to Christine's in-law's place to see baby Jayden who is a few days shy of 1 month old. The best part is my colleague Christine stays next block to me but as she's staying with her in-laws (who are catholics and her buddy is a liverpool fan too) I made a trip to the east side... hahaha.

After we had have eaten out fill, we sat at the staircase landing and waited for mummy to bring baby Jayden. Everyone were excited when Christine brought little Jayden who had just woken up. He didn't cry or made a fuss but just observed everybody. Everyone wanted to take a picture with the baby and soon I got the chance. It was really nice holding little Jayden who was yawning away when i was carrying him and he felt asleep in my arms. . so nice. We took a group picture and I returned Jayden to the mummy. Another colleague Grace also had her baby's 1 month old celebration on Saturday which I couldn't make it. Always wondered what babies dream when they sleep.. :)

Anyways, not everyone knows this but my grand uncle passed away on Thursday morning! The funeral was on Saturday morning but I couldn't make it as I had to work. My late grand uncle married my late grandmother's sister who is still alive & kicking!! I always saw him as the God-Father and he has lots of children and grand-children who all respected him. When we were very young, we would go to his place @ Bedok every new year's day. My aunties would ask me and my younger sis to bring our school books too so that they would teach us as we would spend the whole day there. Didn't really liked them at all when I was young coz of the constant scolding I would get if I made a mistake in my math or something else. We would have lunch, dinner and a bit of TV then travelled all the way back to Toa Payoh. That was when I heard 'Guilty' by Barry Gibb & Barbra Streisand and it will always bring me back in time to my grand uncle's place. Looking back if it weren't for them I won't be who I am now and I do appreciate what they have done. There is no love lost and I do feel sad for not able to attend my grand uncle's funeral and I hope he is smoking the Finnest Cigars in heaven. Thanks for everything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment